Are your windows looking a bit neglected? Is it time for a clean?
Be the envy of all your neighbours by following our guide, which has everything you need to know on how to achieve streak-free, crystal clear windows.
How to clean your windows like a pro
- Prepare the window by brushing off excess dirt then spray multi-purpose cleaner onto the frame and sill, wiping clean with a microfiber cloth.
- Fill a basin with soapy water, and use a sponge to clean the window.
- Scrunch up an old piece of newspaper, making sure to avoid using the coloured section, and rub in a circular motion to rid of any streaks.
- Alternatively use a squeegee in a swiping motion, starting at the top or at one side, wiping the blade after each swipe, and repeat until the entire window is complete.
- Finally, remove any remaining water with a clean, dry cloth, touching up the edges for perfectly gleaming windows.
Our top tip for cleaning your windows!
Make sure to wash your windows on a cloudy day as although sunlight may make dirt easier to spot, it can dry the windows too quickly causing unwanted streaks on the glass.
Image source: Pixabay