Why pleated blinds are the perfect window dressing for every room!
Pleated blinds are one of the most popular ways to dress a window. And it’s easy to see why – they’re versatile, have excellent light control features and come in an array of colours and styles to complement a room’s interior scheme.
The simplistic design of pleated blinds is a classic and timeless, suiting every room in both modern and period properties.
Read on to find out why pleated blinds are the perfect choices for homes, for top design and styling ideas and to preview some of our exciting new fabrics.
We offer one of the biggest collections of pleated blinds on the market
When you buy a Style Studio blind you can choose from more than 190 pleated blind fabrics including plains, textures, stripes, linen looks and metallic. We also have an exclusive ‘Ribbons’ design. Our pleated blinds come in a range of fabric transparencies from semi-transparent right through to blackout. There really is something for everyone.
There’s also a choice of pleat width; a 16mm pleat as an alternative to the standard 25mm.
For more inspiration and design tips and advice why not visit our Inspiration Gallery.
Excellent light/privacy control and choice of operating systems
With our innovative operating systems there are limitless options for light and privacy control.
The stunning Senses operating system comes with co-ordinating headrails and bottom bars and a choice of stylish accessories, it delivers a polished finish to window blinds – find out more by browsing our Senses Brochure.
The innovative INTU system is another option for pleated blinds. This flexible blinds system allows blinds to slot directly into the window frame, meaning there are no gaps to allow light through. The blinds are tensioned (eliminating the need for cords or loops), so they’re one of the safest blinds available. Read all about INTU blinds here.
INTu also enables you to raise/lower the blinds from the bottom or top – with multi-zone positioning and giving you lots of options over privacy and light control.
Our INTU system integrates neatly with all modern windows including tilt and turn, conservatories and bi-fold or tri-fold doors. The blinds fit directly into the windows or doors so they can be opened or folded back on one another without risk of damaging the blinds.
Suitable for Bathrooms & Kitchens
For rooms with high levels of humidity we’d recommend one of our moisture resistant pleated blinds.
Many of the fabrics in our pleated collection are wipe clean, plus there’s also a Premier range that offers moisture resistant so is perfect for kitchens and bathrooms – available in 6 colour choices.
Featuring Advanced Solar Control
An Advanced Solar Control (asc) coating applied to 125 fabrics in the collection, helps to increase their energy efficiency.
Made in all Shapes and Sizes
Pleated blinds can be crafted to almost any shape, so they’re ideal for homes with irregular windows – be that round, triangular, curved or extra-large. They’re perfect for the many angular and hard to reach window shapes found in conservatory roofs.
Our Designer’s Choice – Five of the Hottest Looks for 2017/18
- Mix and match roller blinds and pleated blinds in the same fabric. Some of our most popular roller blinds, such as this Luxe fabric, are now available as a pleated blind. Luxe will add a subtle texture at your windows – a key look for homes this year.
- Work the texture trend by choosing from our wide range of textured fabrics, such as the Silkweave fabric that has the appearance of hand crafted paper with layers of opacity allowing light to filter through.
- Move over cream – grey is still the interiors colour of the moment. Get the look with our new Harlow asc silver colourway.
- Our popular Ribbons asc fabric now comes in a smaller 16mm pleat, an alternative to the standard 25mm. This fabric is woven in Yorkshire and coated/finished in Scotland and is ideal for compact spaces and bi-fold doors.
- Give your windows that wow factor by fitting pleated blinds in intense and dazzling colours that will add bags of personality to your home, such as these Kiwi pleated blinds. They look amazing in an all-white kitchen.
Why not use our pleated blinds colour filter to search for your perfect colour match?
And if you love pleated blinds, why not take a look at our range of 44 fabrics in our Hive cellular collection, all of which have heat blocking/retaining qualities, helping to keep your home cool this summer and lovely and cosy in winter.
For more ideas and inspiration for your home visit our Interior Inspiration Gallery.